Monday, September 19, 2005

no comments, no explanations

Dear God,

I am a sinner. I know I do not live up to the perfection you wish to see in me. I am not holy. It is only by your grace and my faith in your sending your one and only son to die for my sins that I will live eternally with you in heaven.

I have trouble praying; you know this, I end feeling vain. It shouldn't be about me, it should be about you. My prayers should be a thanksgiving for you. But I need your guidance.

I feel drained, exhausted, confused. She is hurting. I need you to comfort her, please. I blame myself and it is killing me inside. Only you see my tears now. I ask for your forgiveness; yours and hers. I don't know what the future holds, only you can know that. You put us together for a reason; I ask that you guide us both on the paths that you wish us to live. I love her, but I need you to help me understand what that means.

I am sorry.