Wednesday, September 14, 2005

This Road That We Travel

There come times in everyone's lives when they begin to question what the future holds. What is God's plan for me? What am I supposed to do with the life I have been given? Which path should I take?
So often we have these fleeting thoughts, but then there are the times when you can't shake the feeling that your life is not what you want it to be. There are times when you begin to wish you had done more. Eventually you start going through the 'What If's?'. Once you are done looking at the past you turn your focus to the future. But we don't know the future, so we become confused. Once we have sobered ourselves in the fact that we cannot predict what's to come we turn towards the present. But the present is a funny thing, for it is the time we spend in the present that determine how we will view the past, and it is the time in the present that will guide us to our futures.
Right now I am so confused with the present, and my views on how I want my future that I don't know what to do with the present. So I go on and on unsure of the paths I should take. Over the next few years there are going to be many decisions I have to make about where my life is headed. All I can hope for is that the paths I take are the right ones.
Here are the lyrics to the song playing on my blog right now. I can listen to this song over and over and somehow find peace within it.
All heavy laden acquainted with sorrow
May Christ in our marrow, carry us home
From alabaster come blessings of laughter
A fragrance of passion and joy from the truth
Grant the unbroken tears ever flowing
From hearts of contrition only for You
May sin never hold true that love never broke through
For God's mercy holds us and we are His own
This road that we travel, may it be the straight and narrow
God give us peace and grace from You, all the day
Shelter with fire, our voices we raise still higher
God give us peace and grace from You, all the day through

1 Comments:

At 9/14/2005 8:57 PM, Blogger LiveOutLoudReady?Go said...

ah... gotta love Yoda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home